Guides & Tips
How Pickups Work When Shipping Golf Clubs
Our customers’ clubs are precious to us. We’ve got you covered.
The Basics of Golf Club Pickups
- Schedule a Pickup: When you are paying for your order you can add a pickup on a select date for a small fee.
- Doorstep Collection: With a slight additional charge, golf clubs and luggage can be picked up right from your home or any other location you choose.
- Pickup Times: Generally, you can expect your clubs to be picked up between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. If you’re not around, you can leave your clubs outside your home, ensuring the shipping label is clearly visible.
- Instructions: Leaving a brief note or instructions like "at side door" or "please knock/ring for pickup" can facilitate a smoother pickup process. Remember, drivers won’t have access to complex gate codes or similar security measures.
Pickups From Different Locations
1. Hotels and Resorts
- Most have a designated shipping and receiving area. Confirm this with the hotel’s Guest Services.
- Always ensure your shipment is well-packaged and labeled.
- In case you leave your shipment at the front desk, make sure they know the ship date and carrier.
- Planning to play another golf round before your departure? Schedule your pick up for the day after to avoid inconveniences.
- Note: Some hotels or resorts might have additional handling fees, which aren’t related to the shipping service.
2. Golf Courses
- Check with the golf staff about the usual pickup areas.
- Ensure the golf course is operational on your pickup day, as some might be closed for maintenance.
- It’s essential to be aware of the pickup timings, especially if you’re playing. Your clubs could be picked up while you’re still out golfing!
- Forgetting your shipping label isn’t the end of the world. Many services can email it directly to the pro shop.
3. Residential Pickups
- Houses: If you’re not home, you can leave your clubs outside, ensuring they are packaged and labeled well. For any specific location preferences, such as a side door, leave a note and inform the customer support team.
- Apartment Buildings: For apartments, the best approach is to leave your clubs with a doorman, in the lobby, or a designated shipping area.
4. Rental Properties
- Opt for a pickup date at least a day before you leave to ensure someone’s available for a smoother process.
- On-site leasing or management offices can also be pickup points, provided they permit it.
- Plan on extending your vacation? You can always reschedule your pickup with the customer support team.
5. Business Locations
- If you’re shipping from a commercial area, know that the driver who usually picks up packages (like UPS or FedEx) will likely pick up your clubs.
- Always leave the shipment in the regular pickup area, even if you’ve mentioned a suite number.
- Always ensure your clubs are properly packaged and labeled.
- Drivers will not be equipped with packaging materials, so be prepared in advance.
- It’s imperative to provide clear instructions, but complex security details like gate codes won’t be entertained.
- Understand the nuances of the location you’re shipping from – be it a hotel, golf course, residence, rental property, or business.
- And lastly, while shipping your golf clubs might seem a bit challenging, with the right approach, it can be as smooth as a perfect swing!
Traveling with your golf clubs has never been easier. Happy golfing and safe travels to your clubs!